Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Veggie Mexican Quinoa Soup

Oh my word I made this the other day and it was so good I just had to share it with you! I make a lot of vegetarian/vegan friendly meals because I have several friends who are vegetarian and one who is lactose intolerant. This dinner fits the bill for all of them! Ben and I eat meat but we love this dish so much, I hope you do too!


Here's the original recipe (I adapted it from Contentedness Cooking)

I also doubled the recipe because it's so good you'll want to go back for seconds! Which means this recipe still only feeds four people...


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
  • 28 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 red or yellow bell pepper chopped
  • 4 cups vegetable broth 
  • 6 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 15 oz cans black beans (drained)
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 2 avocados
Directions:
  1. Add the quinoa, tomatoes, bell pepper, veggie broth, and garlic into a large pot on the stove. Bring to a boil then cook on medium for 10 minutes.
  2. Add the black beans, corn, cumin, lime juice, salt & pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
  3. Garnish with Mexican cheese, cilantro, and avocado.  

Did you try making it? Please tell me what you think! 



2 comments:

  1. Your Veggie Mexican Quinoa Soup looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...