Thursday, July 3, 2014

Admiral Nelson's Ball 2014

This was our first time attending the Admiral Nelson's Ball and it was wonderful!

We were excited to bring some new friends into the dancing scene and to see many of our old friends too!


The ball was held in the beautiful Fullerton Ballroom.  It was a great venue, with one exception, it really needed air-conditioning as all that dancing makes you hot and the ballroom is upstairs so heat rises making it extra toasty!

We were so glad we brought our fans!

I had a wonderful time dancing with my friends!

Here's a little video I took of the dancing.  We thought this was a very tricky dance so we chose to sit it out.

And this time I was left without a partner, so I chose to take advantage of the moment and film all my friends!

This was Kevin's first ball, I think he liked it!

And our friend Michael's too!

Lauren also loved it!  I loved the way she did her hair with the little flowers, so pretty!

Lauren picked up the dancing quite quickly and did great!

Here are two of the ball organizers/dance callers.  Without them and many others this ball would not have happened, thank you so much!

Have you ever been English Country Dancing?  If not, you should try it!  There are groups all over the place and they usually are very friendly and welcoming to newcomers.  We are not big on modern dancing, but we love this!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...