Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crayon Artwork

My MIL is an artist, she is where Ben gets his amazing artistic genes from.  That's why this year's Christmas gift (like many years previous) had an artsy flare to it!  We created this custom crayon initial "C" for her.


I've been planning this gift for a long time, at the end of last school year a teacher had me sort through her crayon bin and remove all of the "bad" crayons during my prep time.  Instead of throwing them away, an idea hatched!

Next I picked up a shadow box frame at Hobby Lobby.

I practiced laying out the crayons on a piece of paper and right when I was about to glue them to a nice white piece of card stock I realized they were all upside-down!  Whoops!

Then came the time to glue the now right side up crayons!  Tip**make sure to only glue the paper, not the crayon wax or you may end up with melty crayons!

Put the artwork in the frame and you're good to go!

To make the gift complete I added an awesome children's book The Day the Crayons Quit and some fun new crayons with a nifty tin!

This made the perfect coordinating set for my very crafty, artistic mom!

I hope my mother in law Carol loves her new artwork!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...