Monday, November 12, 2012

St. Valentine's Day Massacre Party I


Back in 2010 my husband I hosted the first St. Valentine's Day Massacre Party.   We didn't expect everyone we invited to come, but as it turns out people we're excited about it and we ended up squeezing close to thirty people into Ben's tiny apartment!  And everyone had a great time and did a fabulous job with their costumes!

The evite read:
Tired of some plump baby tellin ya ta drop yer bacon on flowers and candy?
Want a night of crime, corruption and extortion that doesn't come from the hallmark store?
Time to blow that scene, and hop a jitney down to our speakeasy.
We don't want no palookas so be sure to doll up in your best 20/30's duds for an evening of undergound entertainment.
Bring a few simoleans to help cover dinner and feel free to smuggle in some gigglewater.




We turned my husband's apartment into a speakeasy.


The Guests
Color denotes their team for the diamond smuggling game we played.

The girls loved diamonds that they we're trying to secretly smuggle!

If a person thought another person was smuggling a diamond they tried to shoot them with their dart gun.
1 Point for your team if your right
1 Point to the other team if your wrong



Food
Appetizers

Italian Dinner - Spaghetti from Vince's Spaghetti, Mozarella Sticks, Salad and more!


I baked a devils food cake for the party.



The Bar
I served up Poison Apple Martinis

Yes, it says Restroom & Moonshine!



The Decor






Our friends absolutely loved dressing up for this party and loved appreciated having a Valentine's Day party that was not lovey-dovey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...