Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Crunchy Chinese Chicken Noodle Salad

Tonight's dinner was, you guessed it, Crunchy Chinese Chicken Noodle Salad!  This is a favorite of Ben's, courtesy of his good friends: Team Cunningham.  They've served it to him several times, and I finally got to try it too.  It is great to eat cold on these Hot Hot Days.  Now here's the catch about our dear friends, they have some awesome family recipes that they love to prepare and serve to friends, but they're just that FAMILY recipes (friends are not allowed to know the secrets)!  Therefore I went to work to recreate it all on my own, ok I wasn't alone I had my friend the WWW.  I used this recipe to guide me, but did some tweaking.  Here is what I came up with, I hope you enjoy!





Ingredients for Salad:
3 cups cubed chicken breasts
1 head of cabbage chopped
1 bunch of green onions/scallions, finely chopped
1 ounce slivered almonds
2 packages Top Ramen noodles
1 can of olive oil mist  (only need a few squirts for the pan)


Ingredients for Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
1. Cook chicken breast cubes thoroughly and set aside.
Smash the noodles (make them bite sized and smaller) and throw away the seasoning packets.  Spray the pan with a squirt of olive oil then brown the noodles and the scallions over medium heat.
2. After the noodles and onions have cooked for a little while add the almond slivers (they burn easily so make sure to save them till the end).  Set aside after cooking.

3.  Combine the cabbage, chicken, ramen noodles, onions and almond together in a large bowl and mix (it may be easier to use two large bowls so you don't spill like I do).
4.  Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together with a wisk.  Pour onto top of salad.
5.  Place in fridge for 30-1 hour to chill, but don't forget about it or your noodles will become soggy.  **Actually, Ben and I love this recipe the next day after the noodles have become soggy, weird I know!

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you as I made this tonight! Not as good as yours, and missing the tofu croutons (sp?). Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...