Monday, May 14, 2012

Class Libraries

One day when I have my own classroom I plan on creating an inviting class library.  While subbing I have seen many examples of some good class libraries.  Below are two examples that I have witnessed:



What I like about these libraries:
  • Large selection of books at varying levels.
  • Books are organized making them easy to find.
  • Comfortable seating is provided.
  • The library is a corner of the room, making it feel like a special area.

Things I would add:
  • Table lamps for additional lighting and atmosphere.
  • Curtains on the window.
  • A checkout system for taking books home (sign out sheet)
  • Stuffed animals for reading to - kids love to read to others, even animals!
What have you done in your library/what would you suggest?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...