Thursday, July 5, 2018

Oh It's Just a Trifle

Every year for the Admiral Nelson Ball I bring my little ol' trifle. Except it's not so little, and apparently it's a big deal. I've even been donned the title Trifle Lady! I figured it was about time that I shared my recipe with you.

Now this is not my own recipe, the very 1st time we attended the ball I made this recipe and it was such a hit I was afraid to do anything different!

I will share with you my tips and tricks for how I've improved on it though...

1st - the edges of the cake will look prettier if you cut off all the outside browned layer.


2nd - Pour the brandy on the cake before adding the jam, on the bottom layer, this will allow that layer to get nice and saturated. Then still add it on top so it will absorb up into the next layer...

Covered in yummy stove-top pudding - no cheating and making instant!

3rd - When making whipped cream don't forget to cover your stand mixer with plastic wrap to keep the cream from splashing out.


In my intro picture I showed you last year's trifle where I added blackberries, I forgot to buy them at the store this year. And I even forgot to take a display picture of my trifle this year. All you get is my wrapped up ready to ship picture, which I now take before transporting any baked good after the great tragic event of the Chocolate Upside-Down Cake, to read that story click here.

I've totally gotten my best friend Rebekah hooked on making trifles too. Do you have a favorite trifle recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...