Thursday, March 16, 2017

Vegetarian Sheppard's Pie

I have several vegetarian friends and I love making meals that they can enjoy as non-meat eaters. St. Patrick's Day is one of those meat eaters holidays where the main course is definitely not for them, but not anymore!  I have discovered the best vegetarian Sheppard's Pie!


The original recipe came from the Food Network here. I made a few tweaks to make it vegetarian and even the non-vegetarians loved it!

The changes I made were substituting the lamb with Meatless Ground Crumbles (available at most grocery stores in the frozen section) and vegetable broth in lieu of the chicken broth.  I also always worry that I won't have enough so I double the potatoes, broth, and the amount of meatless ground crumbles.  And as usual, we all have seconds and have tons of leftovers!  

My friends and I celebrated St. Patrick's Day early this year on our "yarn" night, lots of fun! And Carolyn is showing off her latest trick, which is waving "hi!"

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...