Thursday, May 15, 2014

Quinoa Salad Recipe

At Costco they sell a delicious Quinoa Salad for around $8; I decided to try my hand at making it myself and it couldn't be easier and cheaper too!

I found a recipe that helped me get started at The Food Network but I made quite a few changes to it, if you want to check out the original you can see it here.


Ingredients:
2 cups quinoa (rinsed and cooked in 4 cups water)
1/2 red onion diced (normally I don't like red onion but the vinegar in the dressing milds it out!)
2 large cucumbers diced
2 tomatoes seeded/cored and diced
1 bunch cilantro leaves chopped
2 bunches mint leaves chopped
1 avocado chopped

Dressing Ingredients:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 lemons juiced
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper

Directions:
Cook quinoa per instructions on the package.  Strain and rinse well with cold water (to stop cooking), allow to completely drip out water (oil and water don't mix and you don't want to have watery quinoa).

When the quinoa is dry transfer it to a large bowl.  Add the rest of the salad ingredients except the avocado.  In a separate bowl mix together the dressing ingredients then pour over the salad and toss together.  You can refrigerate this salad until you are ready to serve it.  When you are ready to serve add avocados and enjoy!



I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it too!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...