Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Seashell Vase

Summer is such a great time to incorporate some beach into your decor.  This fun craft actually began as a gift for my mother.  I came across something similar and loved it, but had a little bit of sticker shock.  So I decided to make my own version, and it would be that much more special as a gift because I made it!


I purchased this perfect bag of seashells and drift wood along with the glass vase at one of my favorite stomping grounds, Ross!


I carefully arranged all the pieces I liked best and then glued a ribbon around it.

I decided the ribbon looked too simple so I Googled how to make a box bow and glued that on too.  That's it, so simple yet so beautiful!

I'm happy to report that my mom loved it!  And with the left over seashells I made my own out of an extra vase I had around the house.  Next on the list, actually visiting the beach this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...