Monday, March 4, 2013

Oscar Party & Movie Food

Our friends hosted their Annual Oscar Party with potluck dinner.  The only rule was, bring a dish that goes with a movie.  Ben and I were thrilled to take the challenge!

We brought Miracle Pills from "The Princess Bride."  I'll be sharing the recipe for them soon.


And a cheese pizza, from "Home Alone."

There was also Lembas Bread from "The Lord of the Rings."

Bad Dates from "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

Frainkenweeniers from "Frankenweenie."

French bread and wine from "Le Miserables."

Cupcakes with chocolate frogs and golden snitches from "Harry Potter."


I totally fell in love with my friend's family dog Bailey!

We all voted on who we thought would win and our friends created a movie trivia quiz for commercial breaks.

Had to get those completed before the awards were given!

Even when we thought we were done and it was time to go, we found we were still watching the show!


Let's just say I did not win any prizes...

Here are Ben and I with our awesome hostess and host!

Did you watch the Academy Awards?  Normally Ben and I aren't into it, but when you go to a party as fun as this it makes it very exciting to join in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...