Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Healthy Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes

More pumpkin, that right folks, I just can't get enough of it!  This is a recipe I found on a blog that I love to follow: http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2012/09/mini-pumpkin-swirl-cheesecakes.html
I highly recommend it, these were low fat and tasty!


Prepare the cream cheese mixture.  Whip together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar until it becomes fluffy.  Then add the Cool Whip and mix until it is silky smooth. 
8 oz. Cool Whip Free
1 (8 oz) package fat-free cream cheese  (My grocery store only had 1/3 fat for some reason, but it worked out well)
1/4 cup sugar (or 6 Splenda packets)
2 tsp. vanilla extract


Prepare the pumpkin mixture.  Stir all ingredients together.  Then add 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture and stir again.
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. allspice  (I still have yet to add this to my spice rack, so I did without)


Prepare the graham cracker crust in a separate bowl, then scoop it into the cupcake wrappers and press it in firmly.
7 graham cracker sheets
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted


Add the cream cheese mixture (my special trick was to use my cookie scooper, it work excellently!)  Fill till the cup is mostly full, saving room for the pumpkin of course!


I added this step, I used a tooth pick to spread out the cream cheese evenly.

Now add the pumpkin mixture on top.  The recipe said to add 1/4 teaspoon, but I think you can add a little big more, as we ended up with lots of left overs.

Swirl them together using a toothpick.

I felt like the cheesecake needed more swirlyness, so I added another small scoop of creamcheese and swirled it in again.

Now they are ready to go into the fridge for a few hours.  If you like them soft I go with the fridge, but I discovered that I liked them better frozen, especially on a hot fall day like we've been having a lot of lately!

I set them in custard bowls for serving to my guests and they loved them!


This is such a refreshing treat - get your pumpkin without the heat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...