Thursday, May 17, 2012

Awesome Classrooms I have Subbed In

As the year draws to a close I thought I would feature some of the awesome classrooms I have visited.  One of the perks of being a sub is I get to walk into new rooms and be inspired all the time!

The jungle room!  I loved all of the bright colors and the jungle theme around the room.

I'm a big fan of putting curtains on windows and I love her grass cut out border, very safari feeling!

On this wall the teacher had time zone clocks, so much fun, especially if you feature the places your studying in social studies!  Love the zebra print fabric on her desk!

Harry Potter Room.  In this room the students share basic tables and have lockers (the rainbow colored squares in the background of the picture).  Each table was a house in Hogwarts and had a sign that sat on the table to represent them.

The teacher utilized magazine organizers for the students to keep their different subject's folders in, also sorted by Hogwarts houses.

I love the way in this classroom each student has a basket on their desk for keeping their reading book and supplies handy and tidy.  It is hard to see, but on the teacher's desk is a beautiful table lamp, creating quite the professional desk.

Castle themed room.  I love the stone wall and ivy this teacher used for decoration!

 It is always important to promote college, I love the way this teacher displayed college pennants!  Also a clever idea she had was to position a bookshelf at the end of each table for keeping all textbooks handy!

I love mentally filing all of these great ideas for use one day in my own room!



1 comment:

  1. I came across your web site via Pinterest. I recently retired from teaching and needed ideas on what to possibly save from my twenty years of teaching elementary school. I hope to be a guest/substitute teacher in the future and I really enjoyed finding the substitute notes and hall pass forms. Thank You for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...