Friday, November 10, 2017

Halloween 2017

We began discussing Carolyn's Halloween costume right after last year, but didn't finally decide what to do until after Ben's big flying adventure. Carolyn has become enthralled with airplanes; pointing to them in the sky, making motor noises and playing with her Little People plane in the house.

That settled it, she NEEDED to be Amelia Earhart! Which left Ben and I to figure out how to dress to match. Ben decided to be her mechanic and I would be a reporter asking for an interview.


Did I mention that Ben built her an airplane to "fly" in? Of course he did! I'll blog about how he did that later...


She LOVED being "flown" around the backyard!




We tried to get Teddy in the spirit but he wasn't feeling his shark costume...

Grampy and Grammy came over on Halloween to see all their little grandchildren in their costumes.

Here's the gang all ready to go trick-or-treating!



Man, getting 4 little kids to pose is hard!  I think the one in the mask is smiling though!


My niece was so cute in her little pumpkin outfit! And Teddy wins the award for most patient dog!

The day before Halloween by best friends Rebekah and Meghan came over and we carved pumpkins and decorated pumpkin cookies.


Since OBVIOUSLY I wasn't going to let Carolyn carve a pumpkin I decided to let her decorate it instead. Our little lefty LOVED coloring away on it!


 After Carolyn went to bed the real work began.

We took shifts, Ben carved and I decorated!

I love my friend Meghan's pumpkin in the middle, she named it a Mumkin because it's sick!

Now time for this year's decorations! We added a new scarecrow to our font porch.
And in the trees we hung paper lanterns. I struggled with getting the picture and before I got a chance to retake it Ben had taken them down since he had heard we might get rain. So you'll have to imagine what they look like in real life...


 I used my silhouette to cut out paper bats to hang over the table.

But my favorite project was these creepy house silhouettes I cut out of black paper.  We put battery operated LED lights behind them and the effect was perfect!

I made some yummy snacks based off of Pinterest ideas.



I hope all the kids and kids at heart had a fun Halloween too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...