Monday, April 14, 2014

St. Patrick's Day & Sweaters

Every Tuesday night I am blessed to have some awesome friends come over to my house.  We crochet and knit sweaters to be donated through World Vision International for young children.  We've been working on them for quite a while but finally everyone was done and we're ready to send them off!


Check out that pile of sweaters (and the cute little chihuahua in the corner)!

My friend Jen's mom even got into the action and crocheted a few sweaters from home and sent them to join ours!  They came in all shapes, sizes and colors!

The intention was for small children, but some sweaters will work great into adulthood!

As part of our celebration we also celebrated St. Patrick's Day!  For dinner I made a Lentil Shepard's Pie, Steamed Cabbage and Carrots, and Lauren made vegan Colcannon.

We had two kinds of green desserts too!

Here's the whole gang celebrating it up!  Okay really I forced them to smile, since they're all getting a little tired of my group picture thing...

Lots of fun as always with good friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...