Monday, December 2, 2013

Friendsgiving

Although I did not host Thanksgiving this year, I did host a very special Friendsgiving for my Tuesday night yarn friends!


I love setting a nice table even if it is a Tuesday night.

I chose to set the table with my Grannie's special china, my real crystal and my favorite Dollar Tree chargers.

The centerpiece was a simple fall vine and three real mini pumpkins.

Every Tuesday night some of my girlfriends and I get together to knit and crochet baby sweaters that we'll plan on donating through World Vision.  I offered to feed everyone dinner each week because I knew they'd all be coming over straight after work, and everyone loves sitting around the table with good friends.  Now the only hitch to this story is, that many of my friends are vegetarians.

This meant that the meal was completely vegetarian, and I'm not just talking about telling them they can eat everything but the turkey.  No no, we actually had a Tofurkey Loaf and made all side dishes completely free of meat (a lot of people don't realize that frequently the stuffing is soaked in turkey drippings and don't get me started on the gravy!)  Our green bean casserole was even vegan!  This was a potluck and my friends did an awesome job!  Unfortunately I'm a terrible blogger and got so absorbed in the delicious food that I forgot to take any pictures of it!

I'm so grateful for my amazing friends that I get to spend each Tuesday night with!  They have been such a blessing in my life, and I look forward to seeing them each week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...