Monday, February 10, 2020

Wild About You Toddler Valentines

This year I have two little ones to prepare Valentines for! My newest daughter Cassandra is only 6 months old and gets to participate in the ritual of passing out Valentines to her music class! I was inspired by a friend of Carolyn's who passed out little finger puppets at her first Valentine's Day, we still have the little piggy finger puppet and she still plays with it!

Cassandra's class has children that are one years old, toddlers, so I knew candy was definitely out. I wanted to choose something that would be safe for little ones to play with. So of course I went off to Target! I found these cute little finger puppets in a four pack for $5, this works perfect for me because there are four children in her class, but if you have more children to shop for there are lots of other options available on Amazon or Oriental Trading Company.

I designed these little cards on my computer and I made you a free printable so you can make your own Wild About You Toddler Valentines too!

Supplies You'll Need:
  • Cards
  • Puppets
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon - 15" per card/puppet
  • Hole Puncher or Awl
As I was taking this pictures Carolyn came in with some dandelions to give me, such a little sweetie!
Alright back to the cards, first you'll want to cut apart your cards and then use your puppet to mark the sides of their neck where you'll want to wrap the ribbon. I decided not to mark this on the cards in case you choose a different sized puppet.

I went to punch the holes for the ribbons and discovered that my hole puncher didn't reach far enough in, while looking for an awl or ice pick I discovered my meat thermometer which looked nice and pointy so I used that to easily poke my holes.

Then insert your ribbon through the holes. I found 15" of this ribbon that I picked up at the 99cent Only Store to work perfectly.

All you have to do now is tie your finger puppets on and sign your child's name. Here they are all tied up!

I packed them in a little basket with a ribbon so they're ready to pass out at class.

Cassie was very excited about the valentines!

You can download your own printable pdf copy of the card here. I hope you find this fun and helpful!


3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your valentine's are soooo cute ~ excellent idea! Visiting from Artsy Fartsy. If you need St. Patrick's day decor, check out #36 at the party. Have a sweet Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...