Thursday, October 25, 2018

Trunk or Treat Car Activity Ideas

Hi Everyone, I have two easy and fun activities that you can set up with your car at Trunk or Treat this weekend!


Ben and I have volunteered at a lot of trunk or treats, sometimes it's a mile long line of kids and you just have to keep them moving. But if you're lucky you get to spend more time with the kids like we do at our church, so we thought it would be fun to bring in some games.

Enter: Shoot for Loot


Ben decided to dress up as Robin hood, which then led to this whole theme. I picked up a suction cup bow and arrow set at either Dollar Tree or Target (I can't remember which) and it came with a glossy target. We attached that to a board to make it sturdy and set it up in his trunk. Then he went crazy with the theming, turning his trunk into the Sherwood Forest and adding the sign Shoot for Loot. We then put the candy he was passing out into a treasure chest.

The kids LOVED it! They kept coming back around, not to get more candy but to get to shoot the bow and arrow again. It was so popular, he brought it back at the following year's trunk or treat.

The following year I decided I needed an activity too. So I made a little pumpkin bowling game. It was super easy to make, I just spray painted some 2 liter soda bottles orange and their caps green. Then I hand painted some simple faces using black acrylic craft paint.

Here's my pumpkin fleet, nothing scary or mean looking here.

We brought a scrap piece of plywood from home to be the bowling alley and then used a folding table on its side to be the backstop. I borrowed a couple balls of different sizes for the kids to choose between. A small soccer ball worked best in the end.

This was an excellent game for all the little kids.

Even the bigger kids enjoyed playing it!

I hope you have a fun and happy Halloween celebration this year! Carolyn is dressing up as Mary Poppins, I can't wait to show you!





2 comments:

  1. Great ideas. I love the bowling game!
    Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas! I can see why the kids would come back to your car! Thanks so much for sharing at our Party in Your PJs link party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...