Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Revolution 2018

This was the 3rd time The Revolution reenactment took place, and our 3rd time attending. It was a wonderful weekend!

Every year this event grows and grows! Check out the turnout on the battlefield!

I was so excited to introduce one of my youth from church to the hobby. She loves history and was so excited to take part in the reenactment!

Carolyn had a fabulous time! From enjoying her lunch al fresca, to playing on chairs, to meeting giant fluffy dogs!






Our lads have been working hard to finish their Marines coats. Don't they look fabulous???

Here they are enjoying their lunch after the first battle and before the next one!

Our camp was looking bigger too!

Carolyn is so lucky to have older friends like Peyton who passes on her hand made clothing by her mommy to her.

She loved watching the older girls play a game of graces.


There were four battles over the course of the weekend. I was able to photograph three of them. I'm compiling all my favorite shots together for you here.

















After the public goes homes we are all friends, even if we are on opposite sides. Here is one of my favorite families with their newest little one Liberty!

I hope the Carolyn and Liberty will grow up to be best friends!

Speaking of friends, here are some of mine!

Josie the indentured servant ran away from her mistress and was caught by the Royal Navy!

Her mistress had offered a reward for her capture, time to pay up!

Grandmo loves coming to these events and visiting Carolyn!


Some of our teenage friends have formed an ensemble and were singing for the crowds!

My friend Emily even opened up her own shop with handmade items for sale!

I just love love love bringing Carolyn to this event and sharing this special experience with her! I hope she grows up to love learning about history!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...