Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Removing Crayon from Upholstery

There we were having a nice afternoon sitting at the kitchen table; her coloring, me working on my laptop. The next moment I look up and she's gone from the table and is across the room standing by my Grannie's dining table. Suddenly I see it, blue crayon all over the seats!


By the time I got to cleaning the third chair I realized that this would make a great blog post to share with other moms out there! I apologize that my only before picture is already wet because it was too late at that point... But let me tell you this technique works very well! 



The supplies you'll need are things you should be able to find in your house.

  • Dish soap - I intentionally used clear dish soap in case the coloring transferred 
  • Spray bottle with warm water 
  • Toothbrush 
  • Spoon or other tool to scrape with 
  • Clean dry cloth 


The technique:
1.  Using a spoon scrape off excess crayon off the surface.
2.  Spray the area with warm water.
3.  Apply dish soap to the toothbrush and scrub the area.
4.  Blot the area with a dry cloth.
5.  Repeat if needed.


After only a little bit of scrubbing the crayon was completely gone!

Here is the same chair after it dried! Now I will say the only problem with this is that now I have a nice clean circle where I scrubbed and the rest of the chair looks like it could use a little cleaning. Of course the last time these chairs was reupholstered was some time back in the 90s... I think it's time for some updated fabric!



Well there you have it! I hope this helps other moms out there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missing Photos

I apologize for a lot of missing pictures, especially in older posts. I was using PhotoBucket to host my pictures, but they've changed their rules and no longer allow links to them.
I will be re-uploading the pictures, but it may take some time...